The writing competition 2023 is still open! Yeah! But Hurry up! This is the last month to enter now...
Entries will be accepted until 1 October 2023 (10:00 pm/ 22:00 UTC)
Lots of wonderful essays coming in already - Help spread the word and let your friends and family know that you are participating! Make sure to tell your teachers and schools as well about your amazing achievement!
Kids World Travel Guide invites you to join in the 8th annual essay competition
2023 Theme: 'Wildlife: Nature’s Stars'
The world is changing rapidly while people move and travel all around the world. More than ever climate change impacts all regions of our planet and creates challenges to all living beings.
The overexploitation of the natural environment for a growing population poses danger to wildlife habitats. We know that travel and tourism can uplift communities and support wildlife conservation efforts but that the rising numbers of tourists also are a burden on many areas around the world.
Let’s be responsible and explore the world in a meaningful way. We must protect our environment and thus must learn about wildlife and habitats.
Nature was the inspiration behind many clever inventions and thus we must connect with nature and shall learn from nature to be able to give back as much as we can to improve our environment. This means protecting wildlife habitats while uplifting communities. If we learn to live with nature our planet will become a better place!
Now over to you, share your fascinating stories with us and our young readers once again.
Join our annual writing competition on Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com! Write about your ideas, experiences, insights and favourite wild animals and let all know what gives you hope and makes you happy thinking about wildlife and our natural environment!
Be creative and above all keep it positive! Tell us about all the wonderful things you already experienced or hope to experience in future, share your ideas on living peacefully with wildlife within our environment. Research about wild animals and natural habitats or tell us fascinating conservation initiatives and pionieering ideas and people in your communities.
And don’t forget to add in your essay some paragraphs about your personal dreams for the future of our planet.
Essay length: minimum 300 words - maximum 500 words
The essay may include the following topics:
The essay has to be submitted in English, but may include words or phrases in a foreign language.
Essay length: maximum 500 - 700 words
The essay may include the following topics:
The essay has to be submitted in English, but may include words or phrases in a foreign language (with comments and translations, please).
Please spread the news about our new essay competition for buddying writers and young travellers. Looking forward to receiving all the wonderful essays from your students and children!
Here is also our Competition Poster for your school.
Last but not least here are some questions to start with when reflecting on the essay topic 'Wildlife':
Now it’s up to you: Be a writer, journalist, poet or artist, let us know what wildlife protection means to you and share your inspirational story about nature's stars: wildlife!
The topic is quite broad this year again, so we trust you will be motivated to share your story! Maybe some of you want to write more than one essay now or write the essay with a partner or group? Please let us know if this is the case...
Now we wish you all a wonderful time planning and writing your essay!
And remember: This year’s deadline is strictly
1 October 2023 (10:00 pm/ 22:00 UTC)
Writing Competition Entry Fee: None. Entries are open from anybody in the specified age groups and from anywhere in the world. However, only online entries on the specified entry form are accepted. Entries open until 1 October 2023. See form below or click here.
Writing Competition Prizes: Each of the category winners (8-11 years/ 12-15 years) will receive a voucher of US $50. The runner-up in each category will win a prize worth $25.
No participation certificates will be provided if not agreed and confirmed by Kids World Travel Guide. Please note: See point 4. of Conditions and Terms below. Schools that request certificates please have a liaison teacher send in a list of your participants' names as described.
The best essays in each category of the writing competition will be published on Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com and thus will be seen by thousands of visitors! The winning essays are also great publicity for your school, so let your teacher or headmaster know about this valuable and free opportunity to spread the word.
Good luck and enjoy the journey!
1. The 'Wildlife' competition is open to pupils in schools worldwide as well as to homeschooling students. Learners taking part in the competition must fall into one of the two categories, ages 8 - 11 years and 12 -15 years. Parents and teachers can submit the children's essays online and can contact us with further queries via our contact form. Pupils also can apply but must be in possession of parental consent.
3. To participate in this competition, entrants must write a feature article on the topics as described above in approximately 500 words, see further details above. Entries must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entries will be judged on which are the most original, interesting and entertaining.
4. Entries should be submitted via the online entry form and must include the entrant’s (preferably the participant's school as well) full address and an email contact. Or your can send the entry within an email to info @ kids-world-travel-guide.com. Email attachments will NOT be accepted!
5. Entries for this writing competition must have been received by 1 October 2023 (10:00 pm/ 22:00 UTC) to be considered for the competition and possible publication on Kids World Travel Guide.
6. The judging panel will be the editor and team of Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
7. Copyright in all submissions to the competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to KidsWorldTravels to feature any or all of the submissions in any of its publications, its websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
8. Illegible, incomplete or defaced entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
9. Two entries from all winning entries in the 2023 writing competition, one for each category, will be chosen for participation in a special blog article which will be published on the website on 1 November 2023.
10. The winning entrants of the 2023 annual competition will receive prizes. Prizes must be claimed within 60 days of the winner and runner-up being notified. Notification of winners by 1 November 2023. No correspondence or negotiation will be entered into after this period.
11. The prizes in this writing competition as described are available on the date of publication and are subject to availability. Kids-World-Travel-Guide.com is responsible for the publication, adjudication of this competition and the provision of the prizes.
12. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the organiser and accordingly the organiser may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
Image credits on writing competition page: Shutterstock.com, Canva and own images